Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Well the first week was fun because my husband took time off during the week (so it feels like a se


Hi, after a long gone I think I want to go back to write again in this personal blog. Somehow I wanted to write about the "culture shock" xibiouz I experienced the culture difference between the original American husband with me who just "wong village" of hometown Jakarta and Yogyakarta in Indonesia.
I married my husband xibiouz dated 21 April 2007 and after more than a year to take care of spouse visa, I finally went to the Mill Creek city (Washington state) on July 18, 2008 to stay together with my beloved husband. Large family my husband decided xibiouz that for the first 6 months since my arrival, xibiouz we will stay at home mom of my husband (in-laws).
I actually disagree with this, because how ya .. future in-laws still live together???? But my husband insisted that at least there will be a mother who will accompany me during her work and also introduced me to this city, especially the regulatory system and the traffic rules since he was shocked to see how I drive in Jakarta (I most hobby because bunyiin xibiouz horn. . ga he says in his town had no horn ring .. ga .. alamak polite??) and also with a lot of motorcycles in Jakarta that is sometimes so many troops so it looks like the bees alone.
Well the first week was fun because my husband took time off during the week (so it feels like a second xibiouz honeymoon again dah). But after that .. yah .. began the tedious day-to-day because I just stay at home alone with my in-laws who like to talk about anything. Fortunately the person-in-law very well (Albert Hein. Instead of complain loh ... feels she does not have a "boundary" to me so I feel personally do not have time ..
. Anything but the ga .. because xibiouz I considered him as my own mother). And the day that I'd been tunggupun arrived, when my husband finally decided that I'm ready to be independent .. according to him loh .. (Though from the first I'm ready standalone anyway) and decided to move from her home to our own apartment in Lynnwood city .. cihuy ... cool cool ... we're moving tomorrow Saturday January 31, 2009.
Oh about the culture shock that I want to tell you .. wah so many .. does ga mean too heavy for me to adapt, but there is the hardest for me is the adaptation of the food. I have never felt to "drool" want to eat "empek-empek Palembang" or "hodgepodge puedes", Manado cuisine, etc.. Unfortunately I can not cook at all .. Wonder why regret than I used to not have any desire to learn to cook it? But it always came too late remorse, nah deh now I've started to learn to cook. But .. price of food ingredients mainly from Asia .. muahalnya roughly xibiouz ga ... sob .. sob ..
The first time I came here, I was surprised by the prices of items of daily needs are very expensive such as soap, body lotion, shampoo, etc. which when compared to the product that I used to buy in Jakarta can cost 6 to 7 times even up to 10 times as much, but yes I have to thank because right now I is not living in Jakarta again ... nerimo .. resigned ...
I've made it a "little" surprised house prices here are very, very expensive ... but also ordinary house .. and the houses here are not made of bricks but of wood. I was surprised about this and wondering why my husband to be made of wood, that the fire how later? My husband explained that the homes here are designed for 4 season weather, wood will not feel too cold in the winter and cool in the summer .. (If it were summer here .. the sun was shining brightly and from 4 am until 10 Malem also still hanging above the calm .. just started drowning Malem over 11 hours .. and sometimes even hotter heat from Indonesia). In addition to the houses here are not installing air conditioning as we do in Jakarta, because even though weather was getting hot in the summer but the summer went by so fast .. only about 2 monthly just so ga efficient ac plug. All the houses here more need heater installed in the wall, so easier to install if the wall of wood instead of brick.
House prices here .. imagine deh ga expensive .. ga tau deh eventually when my husband and I can finally xibiouz have their own home .. may God give us sustenance and bless us with a good job. So one day we were able to buy their own home. House prices here vary according to each state. Washington state is famous for its extremely high cost of living and in the Mill Creek area is very hard to find a home at a price below USD 300,000.00 now. Average

No comments:

Post a Comment