Friday, August 1, 2014

At the bus stop I asked the drivers it was going to Mullingar. As it happened, David O O


Posted in: Celtic, Music, Education, Irish, Ireland, Irish, Irish speaking Teaching Colleges Summer, Travels, Uncategorized. Tagged: Granny Weatherwax, canadian tire locations Terry Pratchett. 2 Comments
I spent three days in Mullingar as Gaeilge. canadian tire locations That was how I explained what happened to my people, but more than that there. I met people like Dympna, Veronica, and Brendon taught me that language in Gaeltacht everywhere and all the country.
The idea came to me last year. Irish this year the Pageant is underway. Yours is one of 'The Scattering' in my last 15 years living in the City of Angels, in California. One day, as I teach foreign teangachaí then, I heard myself at páipearacht with my students about the importance of indigenous languages. "Death gets one language every two weeks," with yours. But the day went really canadian tire locations impressed. What about my own language? How nice to give out about the death of the U.S. teangachaí dúchasha happy if I could save my tongue. That's because canadian tire locations he started. Challenge myself. I do not have a chance to speak Irish on the other side of the world. But I adore twiteáil be Irish. After reading tweeteanna telling that many Irish at Dublin Being Irish is plenty at the airport, I decided to plan. I would make an effort to go from airport C to Mullingar not speak a word of English. In public transport system might fit. That was where it really started.
Had money, I know and bus. The woman did was look at my passport no attention. Me: Here you go. Ise: Fine. Thanks. Without letting her upset, I continue to m'airgead change. I spoke slowly with a young lead: "Question. Are you Irish? "
Pause 3 seconds. "Somewhat," he replied. "Ana-like," for I delight. We continued and it was clear that he was happy I was happy. Gradually he began to count in Irish and m'airgead and my first win.
Then upstairs I notice following the 'Information' until I saw two people sitting inside the center. "Question. Are you Irish? "On them I slowly. Silence for three seconds. Then the woman littlest of smiles and looking at the other men she said, "he's Irish." Then I have no problem. Irish and was pleased all the conversation we had.
Zone 12. So I had written on the paper I got from them. When I saw the guard outside I was happy again. It would be Irish. I asked where was zone 12. Every word is understood. But he absolutely refused to speak. Him: Over there. Me: Turn over then the place where the woman is standing? Him: That's right. And so on.
At the bus stop I asked the drivers it was going to Mullingar. As it happened, David O O'Flaherty was him and his beautiful language. But do not be talking to the bus driver while driving.
So, when I was located in there I started talking to the woman next to me starting with "I am sorry. Question. Are you Irish? "Was, as it happened. I spent most of the trip talking Irish to Dympna Lynch, friendly woman, until it reached the village. She was a teacher. She taught Latin and Maths in secondary school but she was now retired. There were no difficult words than modern terminology in the conversation we had. But we know each other and that was the first long conversation I had at home. And she was surprised about. However it was very natural canadian tire locations for ever. More satisfying than English. Mullingar arrived and we said goodbye to each other.
Culture would, clothes and my food at home. I decided to start with the music and craic. I was on holiday. That night I went to Mill Race docking. It is a great venue. Instead of going into the place where the dance was, I went into the coffee room hoping to chat with people. I was most fortunate. Irish speakers were excellent. It was late when I returned home after spending a whole day speaking Irish. This was the first day.
The next day I continued the next day and as I had me a little confidence. In the stores and in the restaurants I began with the mantra "Question: The Irish are you?" And I got everywhere. Irish was even the man from England bike shop. Praise for Kenneth in Heatons, Holly Grey in Just Baked, to Jennifer Poole in the café next to Dunne's, the friendly girl in bPeppers, the people canadian tire locations everywhere I spoke Irish. My thait

No comments:

Post a Comment